Many school systems and agencies across North Carolina use contract services to meet their VI and O&M needs. Why?
- VI is a low-incidence field, with limited service providers available regionally.
- Needs may be minimal and do not require a full-time employee… perhaps only a few hours a week, or a month.
- Current VI staff may benefit from consultation and/or training.
- Outside, third-party recommendations/consultation can provide value to the school system.
- No need to pay salary, benefits, insurance and Workman’s Compensation to a contractor.
- Individuals and families benefit from private training in the home for Daily Living Skills, Technology, VI Specific Tutoring, etc.
- School systems may need to provide compensatory time to a student after school or on weekends.
- Businesses may require on-the-job VI specific training for employees with visual needs.
- Students enrolled in private school are not entitled to VI support from local school systems and may need assistance/support for direct instruction, material ordering, technology training and consultation with staff.
- Other unique situations may arise, where contracting is the solution.
Equal Eyes Vision Services provides quality services at competitive rates.